Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Game 1 vs Bammer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Pretty much. We may play a doubleheader tomorrow so having our bullpen fresh is nice. And maybe Gavin Black can help us. I thought he might be a candidate for closer earlier in the year before he had a couple of rough outings. Looked great tonight.

This would have been a perfect game to use Dohm. But no regrets.
    W black on the roster makes one wonder who is? Makes it tough to know.

vCash
    WE have a chance! Really need to win this series at least of course a sweep would be better. 14-15 SEC wins probably punches our ticket to the regionals. Also, after Alabama we have Arkansas on the road which is going to be really difficult to win a game there. And then we're probably going to have to play North Alabama and their awful RPI and then Mizzou is likely going to be in the 90's RPI wise. So really after this weekend and next we don't really have any opportunities to move up very much.

Then it really comes down to taking care of business against North Alabama and Mizzou- and Mizzou has been Lemonis's nemesis over the years.
    Good news is Missouri is on the road. More rpi "points" available by being on the road. Lose to them at home and it a disaster. Which we don't have to worry about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Good news is Missouri is on the road. More rpi "points" available by being on the road. Lose to them at home and it a disaster. Which we don't have to worry about
    Missouri series is at Dudy Noble.

vCash
    Just collect SEC wins. 13-9 Today with 8 more Opportunities.

Arkansas on the road will be hard. But Ark has lost 5 games, so they can lose.

Winning 4 of 8 is 17-13 in the SEC, most likely hosting a regional. As a lower Seed, heading back to College Station or Fayetteville for a potential Super. There are no easy supers.

vCash
    Great win!

vCash
    I tell you, this team is starting to feel a lot like 2016. We lost focus at one point up 12 runs, but things are looking like they're falling into place late in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    W black on the roster makes one wonder who is? Makes it tough to know.
    I was surprised when Black came out. It would be nice if they posted the SEC roster somewhere each week. MLB does this daily with all of their injury moves so not sure why we can't or don't.

Definitely Stephen, Loo, Auger, Black, Hardin, Tyler Davis, Schuelke, Stevens, Ligon, Cheatham and then probably Siary are definites. The other 1-2 as I am assuming we are going with 12-13 pitchers are the mystery. Although Pico might be one because I thought I heard someone say that they might use him this weekend if needed although I personally would shut him down for this series given his injury history and the fact he threw 55 pitches and then give him an extra day off and maybe pitch him against Arkansas and see how it goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Missouri series is at Dudy Noble.
    Brain fart. Thanks. I knew that. So if we lose one to Missouri the roi won't go up. Even winning the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Just collect SEC wins. 13-9 Today with 8 more Opportunities.

Arkansas on the road will be hard. But Ark has lost 5 games, so they can lose.

Winning 4 of 8 is 17-13 in the SEC, most likely hosting a regional. As a lower Seed, heading back to College Station or Fayetteville for a potential Super. There are no easy supers.
    I do not think we would host at 17-13. It is possible but I think we would be a 2.

vCash
    Just wanted to saw awesome win last night. I was busy. Really wish we could pull sweep to offset AR in case we don’t get one over there(but I think we will). Seems the bats are steadily warming! Didn’t hear DJ’s. name much in the thread. How did he do?

vCash
    My RPI workbook says we probably need to be 19-11 to host. We could get there at 18-12 if some other "hosting bubble" teams falter and drop below us.

Also, I'm working on the assumption that the committee very closely aligns the hosts to the top 16 RPI teams with maybe just 1 or 2 deviations to other teams in the teens, but the committee isn't always consistent from year to year, so it's all pretty uncertain.

vCash
    I've never heard any talk of Black? Who is this cat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We’ve seen him in a few stints. After one of his good outings, I thought we would see him more. He may have had a bad outing I missed, but the game I saw he looked pretty dang good and good velo. Thought he may emerge as a closer but we haven’t seen him in a while till last night. I thought I remember upper 90s when I saw him but I may be mistaken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Sophomore from Georgia and transferred in from Northwest Florida State College.

vCash
    Thanks for the replies. I can't keep up with all the game threads so I don't remember seeing him. I was driving last night from Nashville so had to check box score and this thread when I got here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    My RPI workbook says we probably need to be 19-11 to host. We could get there at 18-12 if some other "hosting bubble" teams falter and drop below us.

Also, I'm working on the assumption that the committee very closely aligns the hosts to the top 16 RPI teams with maybe just 1 or 2 deviations to other teams in the teens, but the committee isn't always consistent from year to year, so it's all pretty uncertain.
    I think we get a host spot with 17. I'm going off of recent trends with the committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I do not think we would host at 17-13. It is possible but I think we would be a 2.
    I think you are talking National Seed. We can't get that without 20 wins. But hosting is 17 wins. Even 16-win SEC teams host many years.

All the baseball people know that most regional sites are basically empty stands with dog bark and lawn mowers as the background sounds.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-04-2024 at 02:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The SEC is going to get at least 5 hosts. Probably six or 7. If we are top 20 RPI we almost assuredly host
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-04-2024 at 01:45 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think we get a host spot with 17. I'm going off of recent trends with the committee.
    SEC had 8 hosts last year and you have to think it will be at least 6 this year if not 7. There wont be 6 teams host and us not
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It's all about RPI with the committee lately, not conference prestige or conference win record.

Of course it's all moot because we're going to finish with 19 or 20 SEC wins anyway.