Thread: Nothing like "The Dude"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Nothing like "The Dude"

Nothing like being at the ballpark last night. As I've stated several times, I've probably seen more baseball games than most on ED over the years. Being in school and seeing the Left Field emerge and now the best college baseball stadium in America is a prideful feeling. I took and good friend last night (he is a Bama fan, LOL) who was a baseball coach and knows the game. He was amazed at not only the stadium but the atmosphere, I told him it was good but it's nothing like the regional atmosphere.
    First off, I want to say I have been critical of Lemonis, but it was deserved, I know what I say and heard of things going on (I'm not ever going to say what I know). But that is behind me now, this team is has a chance to make some noise and I give credit to Lemonis for getting the "train" back on the tracks.

Second, I was really surprised and impressed with Black, dude was throwing 93-94 and throwing strikes last night. I really didn't know much about him, but he can definitely help.

Third, the bomb Hunter hit last night was massive, i sit behind home plate in second level and it went out of sight and looked to go over the scoreboard! Glad to see him "carry the load". Also, just as happy for Larry who is started to contribute again.

Fourth, Bama players hit very few grounders, they can hit, mostly fly balls and line drives, there were several well hit ball by them last night, but good plays by our defense. Pitching, not impressed with what I saw from them, but give credit to our hitters.

Lastly, damn Cheese, he fell asleep and was so late trying to stop the Larry last night coming into and past third base. My buddy and I watched him put up a way late stop sign, not sure what he was thinking but he was very indecisive on what to do.

I care about Msu baseball way more than any Coach, fans are great, there is no better fans and atmosphere, My buddy couldn't believe what he saw or heard last night. So, I am back on the train and will be attending more game again, my rehab is over, LOL!

vCash
    It's time to cut the Cheese?

vCash
    Surely there has to be somebody better than Cheese. He screws up at least once every series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Surely there has to be somebody better than Cheese. He screws up at least once every series.
    But...but...it can't be. I was told by baseball 'experts' on here he had nothing to do with Hugesack brain-farting that time and walking off of the bag. He coaches 3rd like those 'experts' think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    But...but...it can't be. I was told by baseball 'experts' on here he had nothing to do with Hugesack brain-farting that time and walking off of the bag. He coaches 3rd like those 'experts' think.
    I guess we needed a second base coach to get kohler to slide too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I guess we needed a second base coach to get kohler to slide too.
    I believe that kind of stupid shit falls on the head Coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I believe that kind of stupid shit falls on the head Coach.
    yeah- his little league coach
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I was also at the game last night and will be at game today/tomorrow. I agree with the Cheese thoughts. I was sitting 3rd row behind our dugout last night. I like Cheese the person but he?s gotta get his crap together. He?s gotta be more forceful with his base runners. Last night isn?t the first time he?s let our base runners screw up. That?s gotta be fixed!

I struck up a conversation with a guy from Birmingham that was at the game with a bunch of kids that were in town for a baseball tournament that had gotten rained out. He wasn?t really a college baseball fan he said. But he said he was totally blown away by the stadium, crowds and atmosphere. He said the Dude gave him a vibe of Camden Yard. I explained the reason for that. That Janet Smith was a MSU grad and she was the Architect that re-did Camden Yard. She was also one of the Architects that re-did the Dude. I know this because I had the hots for Janet when we were at State together.

I also have been following the team for a long time. I have a baseball that I have kept all these years that crashed thru the back windshield of my pickup truck that was parked at the fence in Left field that was hit by Bruce Castoria. It cost me $79.00 to replace windshield and we beat Auburn 3-2 that game. If you don?t know who Bruce is google him. He was pretty amazing. This was way before Will Clark.
    Last edited by Ranchdawg; 05-04-2024 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    I was also at the game last night and will be at game today/tomorrow. I agree with the Cheese thoughts. I was sitting 3rd row behind our dugout last night. I like Cheese the person but he?s gotta get his crap together. He?s gotta be more forceful with his base runners. Last night isn?t the first time he?s let our base runners screw up. That?s gotta be fixed!

I struck up a conversation with a guy from Birmingham that was at the game with a bunch of kids that were in town for a baseball tournament that had gotten rained out. He wasn?t really a college baseball fan he said. But he said he was totally blown away by the stadium, crowds and atmosphere. He said the Dude gave him a vibe of Camden Yard. I explained the reason for that. That Janet Smith was a MSU grad and she was the Architect that re-did Camden Yard. She was also one of the Architects that re-did the Dude. I know this because I had the hots for Janet when we were at State together.

I also have been following the team for a long time. I have a baseball that I have kept all these years that crashed thru the back windshield of my pickup truck that was parked at the fence in Left field that was hit by Bruce Castoria. It cost me $79.00 to replace windshield and we beat Auburn 3-2 that game. If you don?t know who Bruce is google him. He was pretty amazing. This was way before Will Clark.
    That's a really cool story. I love reading stuff like that. Thank you for sharing.

vCash
    Bruce will post on SPS several times a week. Great insight from one of State's best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Bruce will post on SPS several times a week. Great insight from one of State's best.
    Yes I’ve talked to him over on SPS several times regarding the ball.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    State fans are becoming with the Dude like Ole Miss fans are with the Grove

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    State fans are becoming with the Dude like Ole Miss fans are with the Grove
    ?except the Dude actually backs it up.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    ?except the Dude actually backs it up.
    Ole Miss fans say the same thing about the Grove. Shocking, I know.

vCash
    But often perception turns into reality. People outside of the state and on a national scene what is the usual thing they talk about The Grove. Yes it’s a lie but ole miss people have hyped it up so much that people outside think it’s a big deal and a need to be seen.

The Dude lives up to the hype and has for a lot longer time than The Grove. Ask any person outside the state about The Grove and they’ll generally respond over hyped. But ask someone from outside the state that come to the Dude for the first time and they’ll respond with this is the most unbelievable place in college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    But often perception turns into reality. People outside of the state and on a national scene what is the usual thing they talk about The Grove. Yes it’s a lie but ole miss people have hyped it up so much that people outside think it’s a big deal and a need to be seen.

The Dude lives up to the hype and has for a lot longer time than The Grove. Ask any person outside the state about The Grove and they’ll generally respond over hyped. But ask someone from outside the state that come to the Dude for the first time and they’ll respond with this is the most unbelievable place in college baseball.
    Many of our fans don't seem to understand this concept.

vCash
    It?s definitely just an overhyped tailgate.

The dude speaks for itself and doesn?t need MSU fans to sell it.

vCash
    I?ve got some trees on the side of the house where it?s dirt now because grass won?t grow. If it was larger, it would be no different than the dirt patch with trees called the grove.