Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elitedawgs has fired Lemon 3 times this season, pearl-clutched over RPI

vCash

Elitedawgs has fired Lemon 3 times this season, pearl-clutched over RPI

and whined about us falling into the depths of SEC baseball hell.....

Yet here we are at 14-9 in the SEC- currently 1.5 games behind the #1 team in the country in conference, about to be ranked inside the Top 15 in the country and sporting a 17 RPI.

That's Baseball!!
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Why do you do this BS?
    Just enjoy the win.

vCash
    I will admit I was in the camp of kicking Lemonis to the curb. Foxhall was the problem. I want to see good game management from here on out and we’ll get it. Lessons have been learned. I’m excited to see what goes down the next couple weeks.

vCash
    If ?Big Country? would pitch like you predicted, we?d be a national seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dawgnight15 View Post
    If ?Big Country? would pitch like you predicted, we?d be a national seed.
    or Dohm stayed healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    or Dohm stayed healthy
    Or the Miami pitcher who was a portal whiff. Thank goodness for Purdue, who many on this board claimed could only pitch meatballs down the middle of the plate earlier in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Or the Miami pitcher who was a portal whiff. Thank goodness for Purdue, who many on this board claimed could only pitch meatballs down the middle of the plate earlier in the season.
    You serious?

Ligon has thrown 11.1 SEC innings allowing 1 ER. We dont throw him enough. He walks too many right now but is getting better. I think he develops into one of our top guys next year

vCash
    Congratulations Bulldogs on another Series win! If Kohler and Larry are turning the corner now, there is no excuse for Lemonis not to get this team in the CWS Finals with a chance to win it since he is no doubt the best damn coach in America!!!

vCash
    The Foxhall pitchfork mafia was right. It took Lemons two seasons to see what we saw even in 2021. Was totally clear by 2022.

Right now MSU is achieving minimum expected program results, this is a good. Let us rejoice and be glad.

vCash
    The coach I wanted gone was Gaut. The majority of the lineup was having consistently awful at-bats.

But...he seems to have had a positive effect on a few guys that has made a difference.

Pulliam finally getting the call to start. Hunter is mashing now. Kohler has found something. Chance is a difficult out.
    Larry may be more comfortable down in the order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    The Foxhall pitchfork mafia was right. It took Lemons two seasons to see what we saw even in 2021. Was totally clear by 2022.

Right now MSU is achieving minimum expected program results, this is a good. Let us rejoice and be glad.
    Get out of here with that mess. 14-9 with 7 games to go is “minimum expected program results”? We have had 17 or more wins in the SEC only 8 times since the year 2000 and Lemons has 2 of those. We have a shot at a 19-11 or 20-10 season which is remarkable with this bunch.

vCash

I pulled my pitchfork out during the Tulane series in 2022. I have a feeling Foxhall would have been fired a year sooner had he not won National Assistant of the Year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    The coach I wanted gone was Gaut. The majority of the lineup was having consistently awful at-bats.

But...he seems to have had a positive effect on a few guys that has made a difference.

Pulliam finally getting the call to start. Hunter is mashing now. Kohler has found something. Chance is a difficult out.
    Larry may be more comfortable down in the order.
    Gautreau- while I don't agree with his approach early in the year which appears to have suddenly changed to what I would want to see us do the past two weeks- his side of the ball hasn't warranted change like Foxhall. Maybe he has had a change of heart or maybe our guys are going to some swing hitting guru in the offseason that is changing their approach and Gautreau has to go back and fix it- I don't know.

I think the best thing to do is in the offseason hire a hitting analyst that knows how to use Campbell's offensive approach and implement it and then use Gautreau for trouble shooting and recruiting. I don't like Gautreau's let them fail and then fix it approach. That's how you start the season off slow and hurt the confidence of the players. If hitting analyst can implement things early on then I think it would solve most of our issues while also increasing our offensive production.

Campbell's approach is basically use the whole field and get on base by any means necessary- HBP, walk, hit, home run, bunt single- it doesn't matter. Use speed to create chaos on the base- steal, hit and run, etc. And then at the same time have power hitters who can do major damage. They also adjust pitching machines to help adjust to pitchers who aren't high velo guys when they are playing someone that is a mid 80's guy so that when they face them they are better prepared and they avoid a MSU-Austin Peay situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Gautreau- while I don't agree with his approach early in the year which appears to have suddenly changed to what I would want to see us do the past two weeks- his side of the ball hasn't warranted change like Foxhall. Maybe he has had a change of heart or maybe our guys are going to some swing hitting guru in the offseason that is changing their approach and Gautreau has to go back and fix it- I don't know.

I think the best thing to do is in the offseason hire a hitting analyst that knows how to use Campbell's offensive approach and implement it and then use Gautreau for trouble shooting and recruiting. I don't like Gautreau's let them fail and then fix it approach. That's how you start the season off slow and hurt the confidence of the players. If hitting analyst can implement things early on then I think it would solve most of our issues while also increasing our offensive production.

Campbell's approach is basically use the whole field and get on base by any means necessary- HBP, walk, hit, home run, bunt single- it doesn't matter. Use speed to create chaos on the base- steal, hit and run, etc. And then at the same time have power hitters who can do major damage. They also adjust pitching machines to help adjust to pitchers who aren't high velo guys when they are playing someone that is a mid 80's guy so that when they face them they are better prepared and they avoid a MSU-Austin Peay situation.
    I have noticed Gotro being more active in the dugout after at bats and stuff. Maybe something was said to him. He used to not do shit but sit around and take notes. Now he is meeting hitters coming off the field and talking...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I have noticed Gotro being more active in the dugout after at bats and stuff. Maybe something was said to him. He used to not do shit but sit around and take notes. Now he is meeting hitters coming off the field and talking...
    Perhaps. I don't know what happens behind closed doors. I'm 99% sure that Lemonis warned Foxhall that if things didn't get better he would make a move. There's that meme that is popular with a very obviously angry Lemonis talking to Foxhall in the dugout during the Auburn series right before we fired Foxhall.

Lemonis does have a hitting background so he could have very well told him to get to work or go to Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I pulled my pitchfork out during the Tulane series in 2022. I have a feeling Foxhall would have been fired a year sooner had he not won National Assistant of the Year.
    I think Fox would not be fired at all in the 2023 season unless the most influential fans/booster/doners not directly intervened. Outside of Gambling Brad Bohanon and Sexting Cannizarro, I don't recall in-season baseball firings. I'm probably too MSU focused on that perspective. Also, seems that Head Coaches and PCs are hard-bonded unless the PC gets a HC job. Wes Johnson left us for Arkansas and it was for a PC/Head Coach in waiting scheme, no? Wes left many PC jobs, on his own terms.

Jay Powell and Jim Ellis openly derided the pitching approach and Jay Powell finally said, paraphrased, "this is hard to watch". He even complained that players were regressing and unrecognizable, specifically about Landon Gartman.

Seems the MSU Fan Mafia orchestrated this Coup d'Etat. Most other schools or fan-bases would have an "Aw Shucks" attitude about baseball pitching coaches. But not us, cold blooded bastards, MSU people stormed the Bastille.

vCash
    I think Fox would not be fired at all in the 2023 season unless the most influential fans/booster/doners not directly intervened. Outside of Gambling Brad Bohanon and Sexting Cannizarro, I don't recall in-season baseball firings. I'm probably too MSU focused on that perspective. Also, seems that Head Coaches and PCs are hard-bonded unless the PC gets a HC job. Wes Johnson left us for Arkansas and it was for a PC/Head Coach in waiting scheme, no? Wes left many PC jobs, on his own terms.

Jay Powell and Jim Ellis openly derided the pitching approach and Jay Powell finally said, paraphrased, "this is hard to watch". He even complained that players were regressing and unrecognizable, specifically about Landon Gartman.

Seems the MSU Fan Mafia orchestrated this Coup d'Etat. Most other schools or fan-bases would have an "Aw Shucks" attitude about baseball pitching coaches. But not us, cold blooded bastards, MSU people stormed the Bastille.
    Powell was right and especially on Gartman. I've watched that kid pitch since he was a young un. He had a heavy 2 seamer and got lots of ground balls. We tried to make him a 4 seam pitcher and pitch up in the zone. Landon was 92-93, which was great velo for a heavy 2 seamer, but not great to consistently pitch up in the zone. Like you said he was not the same pitcher I had watched for years, "unrecognizable".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You serious?

Ligon has thrown 11.1 SEC innings allowing 1 ER. We dont throw him enough. He walks too many right now but is getting better. I think he develops into one of our top guys next year
    Dammit. You have to bring facts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Why do you do this BS?
    Just enjoy the win.
    Because he is a narcissistic sociopath

vCash
    I still want Lemon gone. He pulled the trick off this year, but it was due to the rise of Johnny Long. Long knew this team needed leadership and the coach ain?t going to give it so Long stepped up.

In college you need a coach like Polk or cohen. Everyone knows who the leader is and to toe the line. As the old saying goes, ?Polk wore #1 to let everyone on the team know who was the 1.?

No rise of Long and this team would be like the last two years.