Thread: DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD...

vCash

DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD...

We are the DUMBEST base running team I have seen in the history of baseball... Conner picked off 1st that would've scored on next batter Kohler's homerun and now Joe Powell caught in no-man's land rounding 2nd on Dakota's infield single... unreal!!!

Last night, Logan picked off 2nd.

On and on and on.

vCash
    Who is the 3rd base coach???

vCash
    Don’t forget we got thrown out at a base for not sliding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Don’t forget we got thrown out at a base for not sliding.
    Yeah, that was the Kohler play at 2nd I was thinking about. We are proving to be a good top-25 team, but keep giving away too many outs on the bases to really make a deep run. Stupid base running mistakes that should have been eliminated in middle school type of mistakes.

vCash
    Oh my. He destroyed that one.

vCash
    Now we're cookin'.

vCash
    Well crap . This game is gonna be one of ifs. If K had fielded that grounder, 2 run, Husack getting popped at 1st, 1 run and rounding 2nd instead of stopping, could've led to some.

vCash
    Very poorly coached team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Very poorly coached team.
    Poorly coached teams don't win 10/11 and lead the league in fielding %

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Poorly coached teams don't win 10/11 and lead the league in fielding %
    Poorly coached in some areas. We obviously don't stress base running or we just suck at coaching it, because it's becoming an every game thing now

vCash
    It needs to be fixed and fixed NOW!

vCash
    These kids have been playing competitive baseball since they were 6. They have had base running drilled into them for years. It?s the players mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dawgnight15 View Post
    These kids have been playing competitive baseball since they were 6. They have had base running drilled into them for years. It?s the players mistakes.
    That's allowed by the coaches

vCash
    The baserunning is both bad and dumb. Bad baserunning is on the coaches. Dumb baserunning is on the player. When Kohler didn’t slide at second yesterday and was thrown out, that’s dumb and on the player. And Lemonis chewed his ass in the dugout. I know because I was standing near the dugout in the Triple Crown Club and saw and heard it. But other issues with baserunning (such as Pulliam not knowing the proper line to take around first when hitting a double) are coaching.

vCash
    I just blame everyone at this point. Mostly players for just doing stupid things like not sliding or getting picked when you’re not even stealing. But I also blame the coaches for continuing to allow it to happen. This stupid trend needs to stop. We could be running pitch counts up higher and having more opportunities for people to hit with men on base. I can’t handle just being dumb on there on the field. Tells me you are not locked into the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dawgnight15 View Post
    MLB baseball players who have had baserunning drilled into since they were 6 work on baserunning.

Baserunning needs to be a major point of emphasis this week in practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That's allowed by the coaches
    You going to bench them?!

Then you?d bitch about how shitty the backups played.

Yall are a bunch of 17n babies.

Yeah, some dumb moves, but for gosh sake you can?t say overall this team is poorly coached. And I?m fine if we fire Lemonis even if he gets a super.

We are poorly coached at times in certain areas, but the players have decision making ability. I?m not giving them a pass and always blaming coaches. When we all rarely have an idea wtf is really told in a game.

vCash
    pet peeve of mine is when a play happens...out or other wise...and folks want to relate an added or lost run on a following hit. in order for that homerun to happen the pitch selections and location have to be what they were. with a runner on base those things change. that homerun doesn't happen if hujsack is on first. maybe, another homerun does since kohler suddenly got hot this weekend. but that pitch in that spot during that scenario would not have been the same. and all those things are what resulted in the homer.

but overall it is frustrating the way we run bases and the brain farts we seem to have as a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    You going to bench them?!

Then you?d bitch about how shitty the backups played.

Yall are a bunch of 17n babies.

Yeah, some dumb moves, but for gosh sake you can?t say overall this team is poorly coached. And I?m fine if we fire Lemonis even if he gets a super.

We are poorly coached at times in certain areas, but the players have decision making ability. I?m not giving them a pass and always blaming coaches. When we all rarely have an idea wtf is really told in a game.
    Who said anything about benching them? Try reading for once jr.

And I never said we were poorly coached overall. I said we were poorly coached in some areas, primarily on the base paths. Again, reading comprehension isn't your friend
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 05-06-2024 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Don?t forget we got thrown out at a base for not sliding.
    Yep, and Lemon chewed the player's arse when he got back to the dugout!!