vCash

On3 Regional Projections- State hosting as the 15 seed

https://www.on3.com/news/field-of-64...lege-baseball/

Dallas Baptist as the 2
    Kansas St
    Bowling Green
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm good with that. We're gonna roll through whatever regional.
    The problem will be the Super Regional. Those poor bastards that draw us are gonna cry for a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Dallas Baptist as the 2
    Kansas St
    Bowling Green
    And who is that sneaking in to the Chapel Hill regional?
    Austin Peay

ETA: by no means am I justifying losing to them. But it shows that you have no idea what you are are going to get when you develop your OOC schedule.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-07-2024 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    How reputable is On3 in baseball?

One huge plus is our atmosphere and the $ we generate. If us and, say, Kansas State have similar resumes, we are the pick every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Dallas Baptist as the 2
    Kansas St
    Bowling Green
    I’d take this, actually I like our chances playin anyone at The Dude. Who knows what is in store for us, just keep winning.

vCash
    Dallas Baptist is no pushover.

Their coach is one of the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Dallas Baptist is no pushover.

Their coach is one of the best.
    Yeah, that was the first thing that stood out to me. Seems like they almost always host themselves recently.

vCash
    #15 would match us with #2 UK for the super... I think that would be good for us. Gotta take care of business.

vCash
    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...d-of-64-may-8/

Baseball America has us as a 2 seed in #15 Duke's Regional- so basically one of the top 2 seeds still

vCash
    I've seen enough regionals over the years to know that anything can happen to any team. Never will forget 1989, we hosted and NC had to beat us in a doubleheader in the finals to advance.
    I sat there before the games thinking no way they can beat us two games only to see it happen. Both games had great pitching that day, that 89 team was probably the best team in our history, I think we ended the season something like 54-6. We were number one most of that year, TAM was ranked second and that didn't make it our of the regionals either.
    But what a lineup we had in 89, solid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I've seen enough regionals over the years to know that anything can happen to any team. Never will forget 1989, we hosted and NC had to beat us in a doubleheader in the finals to advance.
    I sat there before the games thinking no way they can beat us two games only to see it happen. Both games had great pitching that day, that 89 team was probably the best team in our history, I think we ended the season something like 54-6. We were number one most of that year, TAM was ranked second and that didn't make it our of the regionals either.
    Completely different era. MSU losing in a regional final in 1989 is basic the equivalent of losing in a Super Regional today.

vCash
    That 89 team cared more about getting drunk and other things especially during that regional. Poor leadership.

vCash
    Actually they beat us earlier in the winners bracket. Then we had to win a game and had then had to beat them twice. We won the first one and they won the second. We just ran out of pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Actually they beat us earlier in the winners bracket. Then we had to win a game and had then had to beat them twice. We won the first one and they won the second. We just ran out of pitching.
    The 1-9 lineup was maybe best hitting team we have had, also we had some depth. I was so disappointed leaving the Dude that day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    That 89 team cared more about getting drunk and other things especially during that regional. Poor leadership.
    Baseball players are known to party like "Mickey Mantle"......I don't know about their leadership, but their overall record was maybe our best ever.

vCash
    Has anyone done less with more than RP? I almost want to say Dean Smith and Bobby Cox but they both have two championships.

vCash
    The 1-9 lineup was maybe best hitting team we have had, also we had some depth. I was so disappointed leaving the Dude that day.
    That team was so damn good its crazy they didnt make it to Omaha. 54 wins that year remains the most in one season. I was there that day too when NC beat them in G2 to go to Omaha with a lefty throwing 80 mph

https://www.thebaseballcube.com/cont...ge~1989~20147/

vCash
    There is no doubt it was the best lineup and yes depth too. Had great players on the bench everyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Um, hello pot this is the kettle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I was there for that whole regional, went to every game. If I remember right, unc threw some dude that couldn't break a window pane with his fastball but he kept us off balance with all the junk, in that first game they beat us. And I'm pretty sure Bobby Reed threw a gem to get us to that final game and then as you said we just ran out of pitching. I've still got the program!