vCash

This weekend vs UPig is the biggest in awhile in baseball

Won Natty in 2021
    Cripling injuries in 2022
    Pitching too young in 2023
    Borderline Host- 2024

Pigs sweep us? We no host. 2 seed at Regionals 16-12
    State wins 1 game? Very good shot at hosting if we handle Mizzou as should
    State wins 2 games and the Series? We hosting- only question is it between 10-16?

UPig has the best SP in the country and a good staff- but they are average at the plate

State fans squawking at each other continues
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If we play sound, fundamental baseball with no mistakes like we did in CWS ‘21 we have a chance to take 2. Khal and Lo are gonna have to have stellar games that they are both capable of. Our bats are what they are at this point. DJ needs to come out of the slump. I’m cautiously optimistic this weekend. We should get at least one. We have to.

vCash
    We gettin' 2...

vCash
    Biggest since last week

vCash
    We’re taking two, and one of them is Friday night.

vCash
    We're not hitting their pitching.
    Just get one.

vCash
    Came to Biloxi for the weekend and absolutely lost my ass tonight on a Thursday. Nothing went my way.

Parking it on this Hard Rock bed rest of weekend and watching this series.

vCash
    Is it fair to say this is the biggest regular season weekend series since Florida 2018? It feels like it has those kind of stakes riding on it.

2018 against Florida- Had to win one to make the SEC Tournament, needed two to feel safe about the NCAAT, and we swept it.

2024 against Arky- Have to win one to put ourselves in position to host, need two to feel safe about hosting, and now we wait the result.

vCash
    Unless something changes we're getting swept. Our guys don't play well on the road and while our pitching is far better this season than last we still have too many WTF outings to depend on holding them back.

Couple that with Arkansas beating our asses at-will the last several seasons and I think we have a mental block about playing them that's on par with us vs. Alabama in football.

I'd love to eat crow on this but I'm preparing for a bad weekend. It doesn't mean I'll want Lemonis fired or think we suck if we do get swept but we'll have to make it up by winning out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We gettin' 2...
    Classic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Unless something changes we're getting swept. Our guys don't play well on the road and while our pitching is far better this season than last we still have too many WTF outings to depend on holding them back.

Couple that with Arkansas beating our asses at-will the last several seasons and I think we have a mental block about playing them that's on par with us vs. Alabama in football.

I'd love to eat crow on this but I'm preparing for a bad weekend. It doesn't mean I'll want Lemonis fired or think we suck if we do get swept but we'll have to make it up by winning out.
    Sure we could get swept but I don't see it. Nobody really been paying attention to arky lately but they're 3-3 in their last 6 sec games and outside of Hagan pitching has been struggling. Their era went up over half a run in the last 6 games and #2 and 3 starters have struggled and van horn has even talked about trying someone else in the 3 hole. That and they haven't been hitting as well either. We'll see but i believe we get one for sure

vCash
    i'm just hoping for one but not expecting it. however, in an odd way i feel like tonite may be our best shot at stealing 1. i'm prolly way off...we'll see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sure we could get swept but I don't see it. Nobody really been paying attention to arky lately but they're 3-3 in their last 6 sec games and outside of Hagan pitching has been struggling. Their era went up over half a run in the last 6 games and #2 and 3 starters have struggled and van horn has even talked about trying someone else in the 3 hole. That and they haven't been hitting as well either. We'll see but i believe we get one for sure
    I'd love to be wrong and eat a little crow. I hope we bounce back and get the next 2, but I expect we won't.

vCash
    I'd love to be wrong and eat a little crow. I hope we bounce back and get the next 2, but I expect we won't.
    With our 2-9 guys taking nights off, like last night after getting into their bull pen, we just don't have the clutch guy! There is no stat keeping for it, but I'd be interested in seeing how many solo homers were hit last year of the 91 HRs hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    With our 2-9 guys taking nights off, like last night after getting into their bull pen, we just don't have the clutch guy! There is no stat keeping for it, but I'd be interested in seeing how many solo homers were hit last year of the 91 HRs hit.
    We have some strikeout machines with RISP, especially in SEC play. Still choking with the lead in late innings. Have beaten SEC teams we should beat, but need to beat an Arky, starting today. Hail State!

vCash
    RPI back to 17- G3 is so huge

vCash
    Well there's one down now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well there's one down now
    Everybody thinks we're pretty good except half of our fanbase

Banned
    vCash
    we are pretty good.

vCash
    I do think we?re a good team.