Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did not even know UM played last night, but.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Would Godwin take the job if Bianco is pushed out? Or does it need to be that only if Bianco leaves on his terms.
    It's got to be Bianco leaving on his own terms I would imagine.

vCash
    That grand slam in the 15th was hilarious to watch. Especially after they trotted so many arms out there.

vCash
    As much as everyone jokes and enjoys it. It dropped our RPI a spot to 19. moved UM from 25 to 28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    As much as everyone jokes and enjoys it. It dropped our RPI a spot to 19. moved UM from 25 to 28.
    If we had just put together a decent non-conference schedule, RPI wouldn't be an issue. We would be Top 10, maybe Top 5. Horrible scheduling by Lemon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's got to be Bianco leaving on his own terms I would imagine.
    Erik Bakich is another name thrown around but seems like a tough pull. Bianco has a big buyout and Bakich does too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If we had just put together a decent non-conference schedule, RPI wouldn't be an issue. We would be Top 10, maybe Top 5. Horrible scheduling by Lemon.
    This is incorrect

Had we scheduled tougher- we would have even more losses and our RPI would be no better. This team needed to find itself early on and then had to overcome losing it's SP1. Helluva job by Lemon this season.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is incorrect

Had we scheduled tougher- we would have even more losses and our RPI would be no better. This team needed to find itself early on and then had to overcome losing it's SP1. Helluva job by Lemon this season.
    Helluva job by Parker, regarding pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Helluva job by Parker, regarding pitching.
    I think the best thing Parker has done has been overcoming the loss of Dome. We had talent and knew coming in they would be better. But losing your top guy and having to juggle the staff alot more because of it is a damn tough job.

vCash
    This is incorrect

Nah, you're wrong in this just like you were wrong on Bryce Chance.

vCash
    We needed a light schedule early. Too many new pieces that we needed to see how they gelled. If we would've thrown this team into the flames early, they would've melted. They needed to stack wins and gain confidence.

vCash
    We needed a light schedule early. Too many new pieces that we needed to see how they gelled. If we would've thrown this team into the flames early, they would've melted. They needed to stack wins and gain confidence.
    But we didn't stack wins. We dropped some horrible losses. I'm not saying we had to load up the schedule, but ours was a joke/embarrassment. And it may cost us a host.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Odds Bianco retires at end of year and they hire Haire?
    Not picking on you Alpha, but why all the love for Haire?

When you have Justin Parker already on the staff. From the worst pitching staff in the SEC in 2023 to the #2 pitching staff in the SEC in 2024 and all he got was a Purdue transfer with a +5 ERA, a gimped Miami transfer, and some JC transfers. Parker's work at MSU is more impressive than Wes Johnson at LSU, because LSU bought Wes a full-staff of major prospects: Skenes, Hurd, Little, and other dudes. I bet even Fox could ride Skenes for a decent season.

Justin Parker is already managing the pitching without Lemons. He just needs a Hitting Coach and a Scouting/Recruiting Coach.

vCash
    But we didn't stack wins. We dropped some horrible losses. I'm not saying we had to load up the schedule, but ours was a joke/embarrassment. And it may cost us a host.
    Hosting is in our hands though. Our schedule hasn't cost us hosting. We are in complete control of that.

vCash
    Nah, you're wrong in this just like you were wrong on Bryce Chance.
    feel free to explain how having a worse record with a tougher OOC would help us. Our only problem is losing a couple of bad games we shouldnt have this season.

Trout has exceeded expectations at the plate to this point for sure. Still lots of AB's left in this season. He is still not a very good OF'er with an extremely weak arm. Not sure I can name a LF'er we have had that's worse than him all around

vCash
    feel free to explain how having a worse record with a tougher OOC would help us. Our only problem is losing a couple of bad games we shouldnt have this season.

Trout has exceeded expectations at the plate to this point for sure. Still lots of AB's left in this season. He is still not a very good OF'er with an extremely weak arm. Not sure I can name a LF'er we have had that's worse than him all around
    I'm simply saying we should have scheduled La Tech instead of Mount St Mary as an example. Or maybe Louisiana instead of a SWAC.

vCash
    Hosting is in our hands though. Our schedule hasn't cost us hosting. We are in complete control of that.
    Think in basketball terms and you can figure it out. With our current SEC record, we should not be on the bubble of hosting. That's bad decision making from Lemonis.

vCash
    Think in basketball terms and you can figure it out. With our current SEC record, we should not be on the bubble of hosting. That's bad decision making from Lemonis.
    It's comparing apples to oranges IMO. I don't think there's correlation between the two. I see the point you're trying to make, but I just don't think it would make as big of a difference as you think it would. The only thing you could've argued we didn't do this year that we've done the past few years is play in some type of early season tournament, and that's not entirely up to us. We've never really scheduled tough in the Non con. I mean these are our non con series the last 4 years:

2021: early season tournament, Tulane, Kent St, Eastern Michigan
    2022: LBSU, Northern Kentucky, @Tulane, a mid week against TT, Princeton
    2023: VMI, Arizona St, Frisco tournament, Lipscomb, midweek against Lafayette and Nicholls
    2024: Air Force, Georgia Southern, Mt. St. Mary's, Evansville

I'm sure you look at it and say well this year sucks compared to the other years, but Georgia Southern is just two years removed from hosting a regional. Honestly out of the last 4 years, they're the only team we played in non con that has hosted a regional. I mean Arizona St is a name team, but they haven't been relevant in baseball since the 2000s. Outside of an early season tourney, we scheduled the exact same way we always do. Nothing burgers. Just like everyone else in the SEC. Unless it's an early season tourney, no one schedules tough in non con except the weird year that Cohen scheduled a home and home with Oregon.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-09-2024 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    I'm simply saying we should have scheduled La Tech instead of Mount St Mary as an example. Or maybe Louisiana instead of a SWAC.
    La Tech wouldnt play us for a series OOC. They played N. Colorado/Kent St/Texas Tourney (Army/Creighton/Air Force)

They want their time to get better also

vCash
    It's comparing apples to oranges IMO. I don't think there's correlation between the two. I see the point you're trying to make, but I just don't think it would make as big of a difference as you think it would. The only thing you could've argued we didn't do this year that we've done the past few years is play in some type of early season tournament, and that's not entirely up to us. We've never really scheduled tough in the Non con. I mean these are our non con series the last 4 years:

2021: early season tournament, Tulane, Kent St, Eastern Michigan
    2022: LBSU, Northern Kentucky, @Tulane, a mid week against TT, Princeton
    2023: VMI, Arizona St, Frisco tournament, Lipscomb, midweek against Lafayette and Nicholls
    2024: Air Force, Georgia Southern, Mt. St. Mary's, Evansville

I'm sure you look at it and say well this year sucks compared to the other years, but Georgia Southern is just two years removed from hosting a regional. Honestly out of the last 4 years, they're the only team we played in non con that has hosted a regional. I mean Arizona St is a name team, but they haven't been relevant in baseball since the 2000s. Outside of an early season tourney, we scheduled the exact same way we always do. Nothing burgers. Just like everyone else in the SEC. Unless it's an early season tourney, no one schedules tough in non con except the weird year that Cohen scheduled a home and home with Oregon.
    Let's also mention Austin Peay is in most Regional projections currently

vCash
    You mean like every other SEC team with similar records to ours?